Thursday, August 27, 2009

beginnings...

i woke up this morning acutely aware that my life has just completely changed. i'll be okay, it just hit me in a new wave today...actually, it hadn't hit me at all before so i guess this is the first wave. i went running and life seemed so much better after that.
i've eaten a lot of berries since being here in seattle. we have a blackberry bush in our backyard. almost every meal i've picked blackberries to eat, which reminds me of the house of grew up in. we used to have a blackberry bush in our backyard. that blackberry bush was wilder than i was and it was thorny, we would always get stuck when we tried to pick the berries but it was worth it.
yesterday i took my first bus into town and went to pikes place market. i bought some flowers from a vender, some cheese from beecher's and some fresh mussels from a nice man who told me he loved my freckles. i went home and cooked the mussels into possibly the most delicious dish i've ever made!
i like my life here.